To our members and Friends:
The Coronavirus (Covid-19) is a respiratory illness that causes flu-like symptoms.
Typical Symptoms of Coronavirus include fever and a cough that may progress to pneumonia, causing breathing difficulties, including shortness of breath. Generally, coronavirus can cause more severe symptoms in people with weekend immune systems, older people and those with long term conditions like diabetes, cancer or chronic lung disease.
Basic precautions focused on good hygiene:
1. Wash your hands frequently; proper hand washing techniques soap and water for twenty seconds.
2. Stay home if you are sick, we do stream our meetings so you can view the service online.
3. Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
4. Disinfect surfaces that is used regularly.
5. Use hand sanitizer.
6. Avoid close contact with someone who is sick.
7. Practice these precautionary measures at home and pass this information along to family and friends
If you have traveled internationally during the last 14 days, feel sick with fever or cough, or having difficulty breathing the CDC has several recommendations for you to follow:1. Seek medical advice, call ahead before you go to a doctor's office or emergency room.
2. Be sure to tell them about your travel and the symptoms you are having.
3. Avoid contacts with others.
4. Do not travel if you are sick
5. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when coughing or sneezing
6. Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least twenty seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%-95% alcohol immediately after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. Soap and water must be used if your hands are visibly dirty.
"I believe that, as the faith community, we have a special responsibility to care for our fellow congregants and communities. When we are prepared, we are in a better position to help others. Our demonstration of love of neighbor must be evident by us looking out for each other and take the necessary steps to protect ourselves, family and our neighbors."
Some basic additional steps we are taking to keep our building clean:
Apart from our routine cleaning, we now disinfect all hard surfaces from front to back with Clorox.
Bathrooms and public access spaces are thoroughly washed down with Clorox after all main meetings and as needed.
Dr. Peter Bonadie